FACADE ENGINEERING CONSULTANTS
XELUXE is among the Facade Engineering Consultants in UAE. Our experienced team members perform expert façade service to benefit our clients in the terms of cost-effectiveness and obtaining civil defence approval at the earliest. The major activities done by our experts include:
- Review – It comprises a detailed review of the concerned project drawings.
- Technical Evaluation – Our experts are highly skilled in the technical evaluation of the concerned project against the relevant provision of the current UAE Fire and Life Safety Code of Practice and applicable NFPA requirements.
- Recommendation – Non-compliances in the areas are highlighted and engineering judgments are provided with recommendations.
- Inspection – Our experts conduct field inspection of installed fire stops following ASTM E 2174, Inspection of fire-resistive joints and perimeter barriers in accordance with ASTM E 2393.
- Preparation of inspection report – Inspection is followed by report preparation based on the site findings as per Section 3 of UAE FC 2018.
- Approvals– The assessment report is submitted to the civil defence department within the local jurisdiction for the approval process within a limited period.
We also have highly expert engineers to perform fire installation inspections and fire and life system testing, both passive and active in the region specified concerning the project needs. To perform fire-stopping inspections and gain early approval, thus exceeding in overall construction management and performance assurance. Hence you can trust Xeluxe as an expert Facade engineering consultant in UAE.
Facade Engineering Consultants - Facade Fire Safety & Civil Defence Approvals (DCD Approvals)
A facade is the front of a building, typically the part that faces the street. A building's exterior is another term for it. We can construct facade using different materials, including brick, stone, wood, glass, or metal. It is often decorated with features such as windows, doors, and balconies.
The facade of a building is important for both its appearance and its function. It helps to protect the building from the elements. It can also play a role in fire safety. When it comes to building facades, fire safety is always a top priority. In fact, it’s one of the most regulated aspects of construction. In the UAE, for instance, all buildings must comply with the UAE Fire and Life Safety Code of Practice.
Fire Safety Certificate & DCD Approvals
Every building in UAE must have a civil defence approval and a fire safety certificate. The Civil Defence Department gives the fire safety certificate. The Ministry of Interior gives the civil defence approval.
In some jurisdictions, The civil defence authorities must approve buildings that adhere to specific requirements for their facades. Xeluxe is the leading Facade engineering consultancy in KSA and UAE. We provide an expert fire safety system design services.
There are two types of fire safety certificates:
- A general fire safety certificate, which covers the whole building; or
- A specific fire safety certificate, which covers only the part of the building that has been assessed (for example, only the facade).
To obtain a general fire safety certificate, the building owner must submit an application to the Civil Defence Department, along with drawings of the building and its fire-fighting systems. The department will then inspect the building and its systems to ensure they meet the required standards.
If the building does not have a specific fire safety certificate, the owner must submit an application to the Ministry of Interior, along with drawings of the facade and its fire-fighting systems. The ministry will then inspect the facade and its systems to ensure they meet the required standards.
Facade Engineering Consultants UAE - Fire safety requirements
There are a number of fire safety requirements for facades, depending on the type of building and its location. In general, however, all facades must be able to resist the effects of fire for a period of time. It must be able to contain and extinguish any fires that do occur. The most common type of facade is the brick or blockwork façade. This type of facade must be constructed from non-combustible materials. Also, it must have a fire-resistance rating of at least two hours.
The joints between the bricks or blocks must also be non-combustible. The mortar used to fill them must have a low fire spread rating. In addition to the above requirements, suitable fire-resistant glazing or shutters must protect any openings in facades, such as windows or doors. Any ventilation grilles must also be fire-resistant. Finally, all facades has to satisfy all fire safety criteria. They should all undergo routine inspection and maintenance.
Civil Defence Approvals For Facades
When it comes to facade fire safety, one of the most important things to consider is civil defense approval. This approval is necessary in order to ensure that your facade meets all the required safety standards and regulations.
There are a few things that you will need to do in order to obtain civil defence approval for your facade. First, you will need to submit a complete set of drawings and specifications to the civil defence department. These drawings and specifications must include all the details of your proposed facade, such as its material, dimensions, fire rating, and so on.
Once your drawings and specifications have been reviewed by the civil defence department, they will either approve or reject your proposal. If they approve your proposal, you will then need to obtain a construction permit from the local building authority. With this permit in hand, you can now proceed with the construction of your approved facade. If rejected, you may be able to appeal the decision or submit a new proposal.
The benefits of having a Fire Facade
When it comes to protecting a building from fire, the facade is one of the most important lines of defence. A well-designed and constructed fire-safe facade can help to prevent the spread of fire and smoke, and provide a safe means of escape for occupants.
There are many benefits to having a fire-safe facade, including:
- Protection from the spread of fire: A fire-safe facade can help to contain a fire within a single room or area, preventing it from spreading throughout the rest of the building. This can limit damage to the property and reduce the risk of injury or loss of life.
- Improved safety for occupants: A fire-safe facade can provide a safe means of escape for occupants in the event of a fire. This can be particularly important in high-rise buildings where evacuation may be difficult.
- Enhanced civil defence approval: In some jurisdictions, having a fire-safe facade may be required in order to obtain approval from civil defence authorities. This can help to ensure that your building meets all relevant safety standards.
- Reduced insurance premiums: Insurance companies often offer reduced premiums for properties with fire-safe facades as they pose less risk in the event of a fire. This can help to offset the cost of installing such a system.
- Increased resale value: Properties with fire-safe facades often have increased resale value due to the enhanced safety they offer.
At Xeluxe, our experienced professionals perform façade fire evaluations to confirm compliance. Also, perform ongoing façade inspections to confirm installation in accordance with most recent code requirements. We are one among the leading facade engineering consultants in UAE.